Business Design Manager
The primary role of the Business Design Manager is to generate sales through networking, industry events, and other means of generating interest from potential clients. This individual is responsible for creating strategic sales plans, educating and entertaining potential clients, managing quoting and proposal processes, as well as client/company interaction throughout each project. This individual will work with both new and existing clients to build rapport and cultivate valuable relationships, and should feel comfortable maintaining regular communication on both a professional and interpersonal level with their assigned contacts. Strategic planning is a key component of this role and will require thorough knowledge of the industries we work in as well as solutions and services Catalyst provides to its clients. The main duties of the Business Design Manager can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development (70%)
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Network to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
Business Development Planning (20%)
- Attend trade shows, industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends
- Identify opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales.
Management and Research (10%)
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM program Salesforce.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they goals met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets.
- Work with marketing staff to generate client centric content and ad campaigns.
- Relevant industry experience (Business design, design strategy, advertising, or brand strategy consulting)
- Understanding of design including user-centered approaches.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure goals are met.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of Expensify a plus.
ONLY RESUMES WITH CREATIVE SERVICES BACKGROUNDS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
If this opportunity sounds exciting and you fit the bill, submit your resume for consideration via e-mail to email@example.com