Toolmaker / Machinist
Catalyst is interested in hiring energetic, motivated, goal-oriented people who are interested in working in a comfortable, fast-paced environment. We strive to find goal-oriented individuals who are focused on customer service and project success.Due to increasing business growth, we have an immediate need for an experienced toolmaker to support our prototyping and rapid tooling areas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiently operate all shop equipment to machine components for projects; including mills, grinders, lathe, drill presses, CNC and EDM machines, and other relevant equipment.
- Expected to provide valuable insight and feedback on tool designs and project planning, including injection molds, CNC models, dies, fixtures and engineering prototype projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting tooling and machining problems, determine root cause of problems and assist in implementing solutions.
- May be required to work in other areas, in any reasonable capacity, on an as needed basis.
- Must be skilled in general machining and injection mold construction, CNC machining and setup, G and M code programs.
- Good time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently a must.
- Effectively communicate clearly with other members of the tooling department and management along with customers and vendors occasionally when on-site.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in toolmaking focusing on injection molding required.
- Trained and knowledgeable understanding in the utilization of CNC and EDM equipment.
- Basic knowledge and ability to read 2D drawings and documentation.
- Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, etc.
- Strong problems solving ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills to interact with data files and programming.
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs throughout work shift.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM a plus.
If this opportunity sounds exciting and you fit the bill, submit your resume for consideration via e-mail to email@example.com